Akai Professional's MPC 2500 is the Workhorse of the MPC Series. Many of today's top producers such as Araabmuzik prefer this machine.
This Akai MPC 2500 is in Excellent Condition. These units have light signs of wear, bright and clear screen, and each have been tested to insure that it is in perfect working condition.
The unit will come with 1GB Compact Flash Card (pre-loaded sounds), Upgraded 128MB RAM, CD-ROM Drive and Power Cord.
Download the current manuals from the Akai Professional website -> here.
MPC2500 has set the industry benchmark for beat production. It features a 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with up to 128MB RAM and extensive editing capabilities. Designed for professional music-production environments as well as DJs and other live performers, MPC2500 features a time-tested drum-pad surface, twin on-board effects processors, four Q-Link controllers for real-time control, 10 analog outputs, and a S/PDIF digital output.
MPC2500 sports a 100,000-note, 64-track sequencer that can be assigned to four different MIDI outputs for a total of 64 independently addressable MIDI channels. Internal sounds reside in flash memory and can easily be swapped out via Compact Flash cards, an optional hard drive, or an optional CD-ROM drive. A CF card with preloaded sounds is included to get you started.
- 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with 16MB memory built in, expandable up to 128MB RAM
- Two on-board effects processors and a main output-effects processorTwo assignable Q-link sliders and two Q-link knobs for real-time performance control
- 240 x 64 hinged, backlit LCD
- USB port for computer connectivity
- Built-in analog and digital I/O, headphone output, and two MIDI ins / four MIDI outs
- Chop-shop slices a loop into individual samples with automatic pad assignment
- Patched phrase synchronizes phrase samples to any tempo without changing pitch
- Continuous sample track records long audio tracks into a sequence
- Outputs can be re-sampled
- Audio input can be controlled with Q-links for real-time control
- Ten analog outputs, stereo digital I/O
- Optional accessories include 128MB Ram Expansion (EXM128), CD ROM Installation Kit (including CD ROM Drive) (CD-M25)
Storage: Compact Flash: Type-II, support up to 2GB card
Hard Drive (optional): any standard IDE 2.5" hard drive
Memory: 16MB installed
Can be expanded to 128MB with EXM-128
- (2) Balanced 1/4" Inputs
- (10) Balanced 1/4" Outputs [Stereo L/R + 8 Assignable Outs]
- (1) Headphone Output
- (1) Coaxial S/PDIF Input [RCA]
- (1) Coaxial S/PDIF Output [RCA]
- (2) MIDI Input [5-pin DIN]
- (4) MIDI Output [5-pin DIN]
- (2) 1/4" Footswitch
- (1) USB [Slave only]
- Analog Input = +10dBu
- Analog Output = +17dBu [Stereo & Assignable Outs]
Sampler Resolution: 16bit/44.1kHz
Sampler Recording Time:
- 136sec [16MB/MONO]
- 24min 28sec [128MB/MONO]
- Sequencer Details: 100,000 notes resolving at 96ppq
- 99 Sequences with total 64 tracks per seq
- 20 Songs with total 250 steps per song
- 16 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
- 4 Pad Banks [A, B, C, D]
Synchronization: MIDI Time Code (MTC), MIDI Clock
Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 16.33" x 3.68" x 13.10"
415mm x 93.5mm x 332.9mm
Weight (net): 13.5 lbs / 6.15 kg (excluding drives and options)
- MPC1000 SEQ, WAV, PGM
- MPC2000/2000XL SEQ (saved as MID file only), WAV, SND, PGM (Most parameters of PGM file can be loaded.)
- MPC2500 SEQ, WAV, PGM
- MPC4000 SEQ (saved as MID file only), WAV, AKP (DRUM program only...No Keygroups. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
- MPC3000 SND (THRU Computer)
- Z4/Z8 WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
- S5000/6000 WAV only (THRU Computer)
- S1000/3000 No compatibility